- Rices and grains
- Breakfast and Brunchs
- Events and Restaurant reviews
- North American
- Fish and seafood
- Preparaciones de base
- Dairy products
- Soups and Creams
Category Archives: Meats
Ver post de Meats6 peopleNormal30m3h 35m
Number of Diners
My mom gave me a while ago an english cooking book filled with delicious pie recipes. And if English Cooking is known for something it is certainly the Pies. The book is amazing, you can check it out in My Store and the recipes work out real good.
I’ve had a craving for mashed potatoes, beans and stewed beef for a long while, so this Beef&Ale Pie was perfect!! The stew is prepared with beer and I left it at low-heat for about 3 hours until the meat was reeeally soft. The pastry was also really soft and lovely, and adding to that the company of Cristi, Ton, Esteban and “El Chino”, the evening turned out perfect.
Ver post de Meats10 peopleNewbie40m15m
Number of Diners
Ok, I’m back I promise!!! I’m a living change so it’s difficult to keep with everything… but one thing I’m telling you for sure: I wouldn’t change my Peruvian Lomo Saltado for anything in the world!
So… we are close to our Independence Day, 28 de Julio, where us peruvians all over the world celebrate by eating and drinking peruvian food. And of course all peruvians in Perú… which I envy because they get to travel as well since it is holidays! Anyway, I thought about this post before time so you can do it for our special day 28 de Julio or any day you like. It was also the chosen one in my facebook fan page as the next recipe I should post, so timing is perfect. Let me warn you, people are always impressed and want more than more. I prepared it to some friends in Berlin and they enjoyed it very much!
Peruvian Lomo Saltado is a very typical ‘comida criolla’ dish. Some people say it has the Chinese influence (called Chifa) since it is prepared in a wok and the cut of the ingredients is like a typical chinese sautée. It is an easy plate, just make sure you have the rice and fries ready, then it’s all about cutting the ingredients and 10 to 15 minutes in the wok. The meat should be tender. The best quality always makes the best taste, since it is the main ingredient. However if you are cooking for many and don’t want to spend so much money there are many good meats and not so expensive. Be sure it has no nerves and it remains tender when cooked.
- 1,2 kg beef tenderloin
Ver post de Meats4 peopleNewbie15m40m
Number of Diners
In my house this plate was never a lead player, however at some friend’s house there it was, straight from heaven: beef Stroganoff. The time has come for me to recover its taste from my memory. This recipe goes to the cook of the russian count Gregory Stroganoff.
Ingredients. Serves 4.
- 1/2 kg beef tenderloin or boneless sirloin steak cut into dices
- 200 gr mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons dijo mustard
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup whisky
- 1/4 cup dairy sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour to thicken, or more if necessary
- white rice to serve
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- salt and black pepper
- Heat a pan until very hot. Add oil and swirl to coat well. Add the beef and stir fry until just brown and pink in the center. Remove beef and juices to a bowl.
- Add butter to a skillet and add the onions and garlic. Reduce heat and stir-fry the onions until softened and begin to colour.
- Add the sliced mushrooms. Cook for 4-5 minutes on low heat. Add the flour and stir until well blended.
- Add the broth, mustard, whisky, salt and pepper and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Return beef and juices and leave covered at low heat for about 15- 20 minutes.
- Before serving and the chopped dill and sour cream. Simmer and let cook until it’s hot again.
- Serve with rice and the beef Stroganoff on top. With pasta as well. Don’t miss it!