- Rices and grains
- Breakfast and Brunchs
- Events and Restaurant reviews
- North American
- Fish and seafood
- Preparaciones de base
- Dairy products
- Soups and Creams
Category Archives: Breakfast and Brunchs
Ver post de Breakfast and BrunchsBeginner10m
You only need 10 minutes to make your own home-made butter!
Sandwich de verduras ecológicas asadas en pan casero, guacamole con yogurt de cabra y un toque de mantequilla.
To make butter at home, you need the help of your KitchenAid. You can afterwards, add salt to it, fresh herbs, garlic, whatever you want!! And with the remaining Buttermilk, delicious breads and muffins, yogurts or fresh cheese. So it’s definitely worth it. You only need a good quality cream with at least 35% fat content (if it has less it won’t work), salt and any other herb that you’d like to add!
Beat the cream at high speed until the liquid part separates from the solid fat.The liquid will spill out of the beater, so be sure to cover well to avoid getting a mess of your kitchen!
What happens here with the mixing is that the fat globules are damaged and their fat leaks out and comes together into masses that are large enough to gather.
Collect, with help of a sieve, the Buttermilk. Buttermilk is a fermented milk with a population of Lactobacilus bacteria, and it is used for cheese, yogurt making, breads and muffins, providing great flavour and tenderness to the cakes.
Wash well the butter removing all the butter milk. The more buttermilk it has, the less it will last.
With help of a wooden spoon start kneading the butter, and removing any excess of buttermilk. Add the salt or herbs here, and collect all the butter into a mold or the recipient you’d like to use. I made a salty one, and another one with lemon thyme (smelled delicious). For the thyme butter, I wrapped it in film and shaped it with my hands and afterwards placed it in the freezer for about one hour. After that I cut it into slices and it looked really nice and elegant.
And that’s it!!! Home-made butter. And with a good bread, you are the closest to heaven.
Ver post de Breakfast and Brunchs4 peopleBeginner20m15m
Number of Diners
That’s right! My own home-made bread after the oven:
We tried it on sunday night and monday early in the morning I went to the market and prepared this delicious brunch (very easy!).
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- 2 limes
- 50 gr fresh cheese with salt
- spring onion
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- 10 mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt, pepper
- 2 chilli pepper (or more if you like it spicy)
- a few drops of sesam oil
- 3 eggs
- turkey ham
- cheese half-cured (or cured, as you prefer it)
- 1 orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 apples
Tomato, cheese, avocado and spring onion bruschetta.
- As the name says: chop the avocado, tomato and fresh cheese in squares.
- Add 1 teaspoon of spring onion finely chopped.
- Add salt and pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Place over a bread loaf and directly to your mouth!
Scrambled eggs with spring onion.
- Beat in a bowl 2 eggs with some milk or cream.
- Add some squared chopped turkey ham and cheese (quantity: to your taste).
- Add the spring onions finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper and beat vigourosly.
- Add the beaten eggs to a hot (medium-hot) pan with butter.
- As soon as the eggs begin to solidify, take a wooden spoon or spatula and begin to scrape the eggs from the sides of the pan and fold them over into the middle.
- Repeat this action continuously, until all of the runny liquid has disappeared but the eggs are still moist.