- Rices and grains
- Breakfast and Brunchs
- Events and Restaurant reviews
- North American
- Fish and seafood
- Preparaciones de base
- Dairy products
- Soups and Creams
Category Archives: Pasta
Ver post de Creative8 peopleNormal40m1h
Number of Diners
I know it’s taken a while to write the second dish… and dessert is still about to come!!! The thing is, I just came two weeks ago from a few months in Berlin, so the time I’ve spend in searching for a place to live in and a nice restaurant job (hopefully soon) doesn’t leave me with many internet hours to post. But this is about to change soon… so expect some new german recipes with sausages, beer, Kartoffeln Salat (potato salad), my usual peruvian food from any part of the world (I brought a suitcase with all my ingredients of course), breads, and my guess would be new spicy food. Berlin has many Turkish markets and restaurants so new spices and plates I will be trying for sure. And I loveee Turkish food, and Indian, and well, yes, all kinds.
Anyway… back to the Menu and that special lunch with friends that started with the traditional peruvian Causa Limeña. So, now that I’ve told you how to make home-made ricotta cheese it’s time for a recipe with it right? This is what I prepared: spinach and ricotta ravioli with pine nuts and raisins with a curry-carrot sauce. Absolutely delicious. Let’s get to it, goes dedicated to all the Dad’s today on Father’s Day. Specially to mine, that is the best Dad in the whole world.
Let’s start with the Carrot Sauce:
Ingredients. For 8.
- 2 white onions
- 1 tablespoon of roasted garlic paste
- 1/2 kg of carrots
- 3 green peppers
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon of powdered curry
- olive oil
- salt, cumin and freshly ground pepper
- Cut all the ingredients into medium pieces.
- Sweat the onions with the roasted garlic paste in olive oil.
Ver post de Salads4 peopleNormal1h
Number of Diners
A few weeks ago I was going for dinner and wine at my friend’s Malena beautiful terrace. Having such good weather those days, I could only think about eating a nice salad. I ran into Pão e Queij’s Blog and I found this beautiful and different gnocchi salad that I adapted and cooked for dinner. If you already have baked potatoes from the day before, it only takes 30 minutes. While the red bell pepper is roasting in the oven you start preparing the gnocchis and get together all the salad ingredients.
Ingredients. Serves 4.
- 500 grs de baked potatoes
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 red bell-pepper
- 1 can artichokes
- 1/2 cup dried tomatoes
- 2 salad tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of basil
- 2 white sweet onions
- 2 tablespoons of green onions
- salt, freshly ground pepper, nutmeg and oregano
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 ripe tomato for grating
- red wine vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- salt and freshly ground pepper
Lets start with the roasted red peppers:
- Preheat the oven to 210ºC.
- Roast the pepper cut in half facing downwards with some olive oil for 25 minutes aproximately.
While the peppers are roasting we will prepare the Gnocchis:
- Boil water with some salt and olive oil.
- Place the flour over a working surface.
- Peel the potatoes and purée them over the flour.
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Make a hole in the middle and break the egg.
- Knead until the dough is not so humid but remains soft. You can add some more flour if you think it’s necessary. Do not overwork or the gnocchi will be heavy.