Spring has been welcomed at home with this salad made with ecologic fruits and vegetables. The star of the salad was a gift from Laura who came from being in a garden and gave me spiked cauliflowerets, stem cabbage spikes, red swiss chard and a large goose egg I’ll try in these days. Thanks! It was so good. I did it as a personal treat and ate it with a nice cold lemonade.
Ingredients. Serves 1.
- 2 red swiss chard leaves
- 2 green lettuce leaves
- Spikes, cauliflowerets and stem cabbage
- 1/2 pear
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 peruvian lemon/lime
- balsamic vinegar
- soy sauce
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Separate red chard stems and leaves.
- Hand-cut leaves of lettuce and chard.
- Chop with a knife the stem of the chard.
- Add all to a bowl.
- Add balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, salt, pepper and oil.
- Move with hands to coat well.
- Cut the avocado and pear in dices the same size.
- Add the juice of the lemon/lime and add salt. Move carefully.
- Take a mold. First add the pear and avocado, then the lettuce and chard. Finally the spiked cauliflowerets and stem cabage spikes.
- Garnish with stem cabbage spikes and spiked cauliflowerets and balsamic reduction.
- Serve with cold lemonade.