Following my culinary adventure I now present you Peruvian-Spanish fusion. Sunny fried eggs ‘acholados’, with our peruvian yellow potato (excellent for french fries), huacatay, peruvian spiced-ham and rustic bread from El Pan de la Chola. This we eat with our hands with getting help from the bread.
The trick here is the quality of the product. Get the best quality and the result will be an amazing taste. Good olive oil, the best eggs you can get, sourdough bread, good ham… the rest is a piece of cake!
Ingredients. For 6.
- 1 kg yellow potatoes (if not regular)
- 6 high-quality eggs
- 1 rustic artisan sourdough bread
- 100 gr of peruvian-spiced ham
- huacatay (peruvian aromatic herb)
- 1 tablespoon ají panca paste
- olive oil to fry
- salt, pepper and cumin
- Peel and cut the potatoes to make french fries.
- Put olive oil in the frying pan with the tablespoon of the ají panca paste and some huacatay leaves.
- Fry there the french fries and after draining the oil place in the serving plate.
- Break the ham into large pieces and fry in olive oil with ají panca for a few minutes. Keep warm and drain well.
- For the eggs, add some oil to the pan without it covering the eggs and wait for it to be very hot.
- Fry over one side and add some salt. Turn around so that the yolk gets some heat (less than 10 seconds) and then smash the eggs into the potatoes.
- Add the ham and more huacatay leaves.
- Place bread around the plate.
- Open carefully the egg yolks just before starting to eat, with our hands and with help from the bread.