- Rices and grains
- Breakfast and Brunchs
- Events and Restaurant reviews
- North American
- Fish and seafood
- Preparaciones de base
- Dairy products
- Soups and Creams
Tag Archives: strawberries
Ver post de Desserts6 peopleNormal1h40m
Number of Diners
This delicious and classical french dessert is always a winner. Classical brisée pastry, pâtisserie cream, strawberries and some strawberry syrup… it has colour, it smells delicious and it’s perfect for special occasions such as birthday parties or any party of course :) I made it for my friend Macarena’s birthday celebration at Gloria’s and Ruben’s house in Marburg, a very lovely typical German town just 5 hours from Berlin. Not a single gram left!
Let’s go step by step, first the pastry, then the cream and finally making the strawberries and ending the dessert. It is important that it stays in the fridge until before serving and to add the syrup when it is cold.
l. Let’s start with the brisée pastry.
- 275 gr flour
- 220 gr cold butter
- 1 cup of iced water
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of salt
This pastry has to be worked fast, particularly if you have a warm kitchen because we have to prevent the butter from softening itself. We have to try and use our fingers as little as possible as well because we are warm. I sometimes mix it with a knife and fork.
- Place the flour, salt, butter and egg in bowl.
- Mix rapidly the flour and the butter between the tips of your fingers until the butter is broken into small pieces.
- Start to add the water little by little and mixing fast as you start making a ball.
- Press and gather all the ingredients until you have a consistent dough. Add water until necessary.
- Cover with film paper and leave at 4ºC at least for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC.
Ver post de Breakfast and Brunchs4 peopleBeginner20m15m
Number of Diners
That’s right! My own home-made bread after the oven:
We tried it on sunday night and monday early in the morning I went to the market and prepared this delicious brunch (very easy!).
- 1 avocado
- 1 tomato
- 2 limes
- 50 gr fresh cheese with salt
- spring onion
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- 10 mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- salt, pepper
- 2 chilli pepper (or more if you like it spicy)
- a few drops of sesam oil
- 3 eggs
- turkey ham
- cheese half-cured (or cured, as you prefer it)
- 1 orange juice
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 apples
Tomato, cheese, avocado and spring onion bruschetta.
- As the name says: chop the avocado, tomato and fresh cheese in squares.
- Add 1 teaspoon of spring onion finely chopped.
- Add salt and pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Place over a bread loaf and directly to your mouth!
Scrambled eggs with spring onion.
- Beat in a bowl 2 eggs with some milk or cream.
- Add some squared chopped turkey ham and cheese (quantity: to your taste).
- Add the spring onions finely chopped. Season with salt and pepper and beat vigourosly.
- Add the beaten eggs to a hot (medium-hot) pan with butter.
- As soon as the eggs begin to solidify, take a wooden spoon or spatula and begin to scrape the eggs from the sides of the pan and fold them over into the middle.
- Repeat this action continuously, until all of the runny liquid has disappeared but the eggs are still moist.