Perfect partner for watching movies, with football and friends and of course our sunday’s classic. The super-Nachos, as my boyfriend calls them or “my-way Nachos”. The ‘salsas': classical Pico de Gallo, Guacamole and a delicious goat-cheese and cream salsa. Must not wait to try them!
- 1 avocado (or more if you love it!)
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 white onion
- 1 cup of dark beans (either yesterday’s left-overs or a can of beans).
- 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons goat-cheese
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1 bag of corn-tortillas/nachos
- 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped and fresh coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- salt, black pepper, cumin
- 1. Cut the avocados in half then remove the stones. Scoop the flesh out of the shells and place it in a bowl. With help of a fork puree it.
- 2. Stir in the juice of half a lime (or more, depends on your taste) and season with salt and pepper.
Pico de Gallo
- Finely chop the onion and put it in a bowl with the juice of 1 lime. The lime juice will soften the onion.
- Peel the tomatoes and chop finely.
- Add this to the onion with the coriander and sugar. Mix gently until the sugar has dissolved and all the ingredients are coated in lime juice.
- Season with salt, pepper and cumin.
- Chill for 2-3 hours to allow the flavours to blend. Garnish with lime just before serving.
- Goat-cheese sour cream
- 1. Beat the cream with the goat cheese until it looks like a fine cream!
and now… the super-Nachos!
It’s very easy! Once you’ve made the three ‘salsas’ just follow these easy steps:
- Spread the beans over the pyrex you’ll use, it can be personal or big for many people.
- Spread the mozzarella cheese over the beans.
- Start adding nachos and covering with more mozzarella cheese.
- Here you can chop some jalapeños and spread some over the mixture (Delicious!!).
- Bake in the oven at 200ºC until cheese is melted and brown.
- When removing from the oven,add the following in this order: guacamole, cream goat-cheese and pico de gallo.
This is a must-do, never fails!